I have previously reviewed the excellent Toshiba Canvio Connect II which is available on Amazon for £71.60 for 2TB or £91.82 for 3TB.
This time around I have been checking out the more affordable Toshiba Canvio Basics which comes in at just £59.98 for the 2TB version, or £84.95 for the 3TB version.
The full specification from the Toshiba website states:
- Interface : USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- transfer rate : ~ 5.0 Gbit/s
- File system: NTFS (MS Windows) *The drive can be re-formatted to HFS+ file system for full Mac compatibility.
- Power: USB bus power (max. 900mA)
- Enclosure: Matt casing
- Weight (approx.) max. 230 g
On Amazon there are 2 listings, the current model and 2018, I am reviewing the latest 2018 model. It appears the new model has had some design tweaks and quite likely new firmware, but apart from that, there will not be many variations between he models.
Functionally you have almost the same device here as the Toshiba Canvio Connect II; y