Suunto is prolonging the life of their watches by giving them a bit of a refurb. Both the Suunto 7 and 9 now come with a Titanium option giving them a “new minimalistic design with high-grade five titanium bezels.”
The Suunto 7 is by far the best looking WearOS watch in my opinion, so I am sure the added titanium will make it a little bit nicer.
The new watches are will be priced at £389 and £539 respectively. You can buy the Suunto 9 now, and pre-order the 7 for launch on the 21st of April
|Suunto 9 Baro GPS Sports Watch with Long Battery Life and...||£484.64||Buy on Amazon|
|Suunto 7 Smartwatch with Versatile Sports Experience and...||£329.99||Buy on Amazon|
New firmware with Komoot mapping
Both watches get a fancy new firmware, and this will apply to all Suunto 5/7/9 watches. It is an impressive upgrade too, especially if you already own one of the watches.
There will now be:
- Comprehensive sleep data and analysis with three new watch tiles for tracking sleep duration and stages, managing body resources and real-time access to heart rate feedback. The new sleep tracking tools will be available for all Suunto 7 watches via a software update and further sleep analysis is available on the Suunto app
- Turn by turn navigation powered by komoot, one of the leading route planning tools in the industry, with alerts to assure users don’t miss a turn
- Daily HR: quick check and track your heart rate throughout the day.
The Suunto 9 then also has:
- A New ‘Tour’ battery mode with up to 7 days/170hours of continuous GPS tracking
- Point of interest navigation, save a target location on the go with the watch or beforehand in the Suunto app and navigate seamlessly to the destination
Last update on 2021-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API