Sony announced the new Xperia 5 back at IFA this year, while the name convention sounds confusing this is essentially their compact phone of the year offering the same spec as the Xperia 1 but in a more hand-friendly format. While it is technically a 6.1-inch phone, the 21:9 CinemaWide display means it is narrower than other phones above 6-inches.
The Sony Xperia 5 launches SIM-free for £699 and Amazon have an amazing deal where you can get the WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones for free which currently sell for £219
- 21:9 CinemaWide display, 6.1" FHD+ HDR OLED (2520x1080) - Watch your movies and TV shows reproduced in pro-level colour accuracy, with CineAlta technology
- Get cinematic sound with Dolby Atmos - Dolby Atmos creates a powerful atmosphere of sound for a truly spectacular entertainment experience that flows above and around you.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform.3140mAh battery. 6GB RAM, microSDXC support (up to 512GB), 128GB UFS memory.
- Designed to fit perfectly in your hand - The timeless look of the Xperia 5 is designed with a pleasing symmetry to fit easily and comfortably in your hand.
- Exceptional imaging with a triple lens camera system: 12MP + 12MP + 12MP, 16mm super wide-angle, 52mm tele-photo, 2x optical zoom, 8MP front camera With Eye AF 4K HDR video recording
Vodafone also has a great pre-order deal if you take one of their contracts.
For £53pcm you get the phone, with £29 upfront cost, 20GB of data with unlimited everything else. They will then throw in a PlayStation 4 Bundle with Fifa that is worth approximately £250.
The total price of the contract is £1301. If you take into account the cost of the phone, plus PS4 deal you are left with £352 or £14.66 per month.
Full press release:
The highly-anticipated latest addition to Sony’s flagship series, the Xperia 5, is today available for purchase from retailers across the UK. Launching at £699 sim-free, the Xperia 5 takes key technologies from Xperia 1 and presents them in a compact, stylish and sleek smartphone design.
Despite its smaller, more pocket-friendly footprint, Xperia 5 retains some key design cues and features that fans loved from Xperia 1, ensuring the same uncompromised levels of performance and quality of experience only possible with Sony. The eye-catching 21:9 CinemaWide™ 6.1 inch Full HD+ OLED display, powered by Sony’s award-winning BRAVIA® TV technologies, is ideal for running two apps simultaneously and fully immerses viewers with more contrast, colour and clarity than ever before.
Sony’s industry-leading technology is present throughout the Xperia 5, including the handset’s triple lens camera with 12MP sensors and Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilisation, which uses critically acclaimed Eye AF technology from Sony’s Alpha™ cameras to ensure that you can take the perfect picture regardless of the conditions. With a 16mm lens for super wide-angle shots, a versatile 26mm lens and a 52mm portrait and tele lens (35mm equiv.), you’ll be ready for any occasion.
Those looking for a home console experience from their handset can power up their gaming with Xperia 5 and sync their device to a PlayStation® DualShock®4, giving you an unparalleled full screen view and unrivalled control on the go. Dolby Atmos® sound provides superb content immersion whether you’re watching the latest movie release, streaming your favourite show, listening to music or playing games, while the 3140mAh battery will make sure the Xperia 5 keeps going all day.
Xperia 5 comes with Android™ 9 Pie and is available online and in-store at retailers nationwide. Selected retailers are offering customers the opportunity to redeem a number of unique bundles with their purchase of Xperia 5.
Last update on 2020-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API