As part of the IFA announcements, Garmin launched a new superhero-themed watches.
The two watches are functionaliy identical to the Vívoactive 4 & 4S with the First Avenger watch being the 45mm Vívoactive 4 and Captain Marvel being based on the 40mm 4S.
The watches will cost you an additional $50 in the US to the Vívoactive counterparts. In the UK we get stung a bit more (when don't we?) with two watches costing £90 more.
Apart from some marvel graphics built into the software the watches also come with an attractive leather watch strap, and a First Avenger Garmin Connect app experience with exclusive badges
Captain Marvel Special Edition Smartwatch
Inspired by both her suit and photon energy, the Captain Marvel smartwatch features a premium, “Danvers blue” leather band with a light gold bezel representing Carol Danvers’ amazing Binary Form. The Kree insignia is printed on the lens, and the case back of the watch is engraved with Captain Marvel’s famous challenge, “Higher, further, faster.” This one-of-a-kind smartwatch is further brought to life with character-themed watch faces, goal animations, and a Captain Marvel Garmin ConnectTM app experience with exclusive badges, Carol Danvers-inspired avatars and more. The Captain Marvel smartwatch has up to a 7-day battery life in smartwatch mode, features a 40mm display, and comes with an additional “Danvers blue” silicone band in the box. Available now on Garmin.com, MSRP 349.99 GBP.
First Avenger Special Edition Smartwatch
In a nod to Captain America’s patriotism and his military background, the First Avenger smartwatch features a premium tactical leather band with a textured nubuck leather interior modeled after Steve Rogers’ vintage 1940s military gear. Midnight blue details and a brushed stainless steel bezel pay homage to the hero’s signature Vibranium shield. The case back of the watch is engraved with First Avenger’s famous boast, “I can do this all day.” This one-of-a-kind smartwatch is further brought to life with character-themed watch faces, goal animations, and a First Avenger Garmin Connect app experience with exclusive badges, First Avenger-inspired avatars and more. The First Avenger smartwatch has up to an 8-day battery life in smartwatch mode, features a 45mm display, and comes with an additional midnight blue silicone band in the box. It can be worn on your right wrist or… on your left. Available now on Garmin.com, MSRP 349.99 GBP. To James,
Both Legacy Hero Series are packed with the latest Garmin wellness features, including:
- 24/7 Health Monitoring: Features include advanced sleep with pulse ox1, new respiration tracking, Body Battery energy monitoring, abnormal heart rate alerts, menstrual cycle tracking, stress tracking with relax reminders, new hydration tracking, new breathwork activities and more.
- On-screen Workouts: Includes new animated workouts for strength training, cardio, yoga and Pilates. Other workout options include preloaded workouts on the watch, preset workouts available to download from Garmin Connect, “create your own” customizable workouts, and Garmin Coach training plans.
- Fitness: GPS, Elevate wrist-based heart rate, and over 20 built-in indoor and outdoor sports apps including new structured breathwork activities.
- Smart notifications: Alerts for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates, calendar reminders and more. Android users can reply to texts from the device.
- Exclusive Connect IQ content: Character-themed watch faces will be released over time to the Garmin Connect IQ store. Legacy Hero Series users will have exclusive access to the watch faces that correspond to their specific device.
- Music: Download songs or playlists4, including those from third-party music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, right to the wrist.
- Safety and tracking: Incident detection (during select activities) and assistance send real-time location to emergency contacts.
- Garmin Pay: Contactless payment solution5 lets users leave their cash and cards at home.
- Compatibility: Use with almost any smartphone (compatible with Android and Apple devices).
Last Updated on