Recently TerraMaster announced their latest affordable 10GbE NAS, priced at £320 it is the most affordable 10GbE NAS option on the market that I am aware of.
It is essentially the same spec as the TerraMaster F4-422 I reviewed previously, but with 2 bays instead of 4. I have been using the TerraMaster F4-422 as my primary NAS since July, and its reliability has been rock solid with superb performance.
- POWERFUL HARDWARE: Intel Apollo Quad-core 1.5GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM (expandable up to 8GB).
- 1x10GbE RJ45 port, blazingly fast speed of 410MB/s reading and 450MB/s writing. Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support.
- AES hardware encryption engine encrypts shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 71,680 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder; Real-time hardware transcoding of up to two concurrent 4K video streaming.
- Features an aluminum-alloy shell and intelligent temperature control ultra-quiet fan, good in heat dissipation. Support Seagate IHM. Maximum Internal Raw Capacity: 32TB (16TB drive x 2). Compatible with 3.5" and 2.5" SATA HDD, 2.5" SATA SSD. For better and stable perofrmance, Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD’s or WD RED ones are recommended.
Full Press Release
TerraMaster, a professional brand that specializes in providing innovative storage products including network-attached storage (NAS) devices, launches the TerraMaster F2-422 2-Bay Network-Attached Storage (NAS) featuring 10Gigabit Ethernet networking. The F2-422 is the brand’s latest addition to its 10GbE NAS Series.
Designed for professional users, the F2-422’s 10GbE LAN port provides speeds of up to 10Gb/s of high-speed bandwidth. This allows users to access and transfer data faster. With two Seagate IronWolf 4TB SSD drives in RAID0, the F2-422 can deliver speeds of up to 647MB/s read and up to 651MB/s write.
The TerraMaster F2-422 comes equipped with a powerful Intel quad-core processor and 4GB of DDR3 memory, expandable up to 8GB (4GB + 4GB) memory. The F2-422 is also packed with multiple layers of data security to keep your data safe and secure from attacks and risks of data loss.
TerraMaster F2-422 Features
Powerful and Secured
The TerraMaster F2-422 is equipped with an Intel Celeron quad-core 1.5GHz (2.3GHz turbo boost) processor and 4GB of DDR3 memory. Aside from the high-speed 10GbE port, it also comes with two additional 1GbE ports. The F2-422 supports AES NI hardware encryption and comes with multiple layers of data protection. It also supports SSD Caching that significantly reduces I/O latency and improves storage efficiency.
Fast 10GbE Networking
The F2-422’s highlight feature is its 10GbE networking capability that significantly improves the NAS device’s ability to access and store data.The F2-422 supports a 10GBASE-T standard port, an RJ45 interface port, making it easy to upgrade to a high-speed 10GbE network environment.
Easy Data Backup
The F2-422 NAS comes with a selection of data backup tools that will make it easy for users to backup and secure data. Available backup apps at the TerraMaster TOS system include AOMEI Backupper, Time Machine, Duple Backup, and others with multiple data storage options. The F2-422 also supports multi-version backup, incremental backup, scheduled backup, and one-key restore function.
Supports VirtualBox and Docker
TerraMaster F2-422 supports VirtualBox and Docker offering access to powerful features for professionals. The Docker application integrates Docker Hub,the world’s largest repository of container images, and an array of content sources, including container community developers, open-source projects, and independent software vendors (ISV). VirtualBox is free, enterprise-ready virtualization software for Windows users, it allows users to operate different operating systems (OS) via NAS.
Aside from the F2-422, The TerraMaster 10GbE Series models include the F4-422 (4-Bay), F5-422 (5-Bay), and F8-422 (8-Bay) Professional NAS devices.
Last update on 2020-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API