The stand out feature of the Fire TV Cube is the ability to control you AV equipment using voice commands.
With the new Fire TV Blaster, you can combine and existing Fire TV Stick plus Echo and gain full voice control over your gear.
The Fire TV Blaster is a small IR blaster that works in unison with your existing hardware and costs just £34.99.
When you pair an Echo with a Fire TV device, you can say things like “Alexa, play Stranger Things” or “Alexa, fast forward 20 minutes”. By adding Fire TV Blaster to their set up, customers can extend voice control to their compatible TV, soundbar, and A/V receiver. Now you can power on or off your TV, change the volume, or switch input, just by asking:
- “Alexa, turn off the TV”
- “Alexa, turn up the soundbar volume”
- “Alexa, switch to HDMI 2”
Furthermore, if you don't need the extra processing power the Fire TV Cube offers then you can buy an of Fire TV Stick 4K, Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and Fire TV Blaster for just £86.98 instead of £134.97– a saving of £47.99 against the recommended retail price and being over £20 cheaper than the Fire TV Cube.
The Fire TV Blaster will start shipping on 11th December.
- Requires Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Fire TV Stick 4K, or Fire TV (3rd generation) and any Echo smart speaker or smart display.
- Fire TV Blaster adds hands-free voice control to your existing compatible TV, soundbar and receiver.
- Use your voice to control power, volume and playback and switch between inputs—even from across the room.
- Eliminate the need for multiple remotes and get to the content you want to watch quickly and easily.
Last Updated on
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API