Launched at the end of January, the EPOS GTW 270 wireless earbuds are the first in-ear option from the gaming orientated audio brand.
What differentiates these from regular TWS earbuds is that they feature the aptX LL codec reducing the latency from 170 – 270 ms found on typical SBC Bluetooth connections down to 40 ms.
aptX LL is about the best low latency option there is at the moment. LLAC/LHDC LL is the main alternative. It is based on the high definition wireless audio technology from LHDC, but designed for low latency and features an auto-detect gaming mode. Savitech claims LLAC has end-to-end latency of around 30ms.
- Connectivity – Low-latency and Bluetooth 5.1
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz
- Battery – 5 hours per charge – 20 total with case
- IP Rating – IPX 5 water resistance
- Included: aptX low latency USB-C dongle + USB-C to USB-A extension cable
- 2 year warranty
- Phone (via Bluetooth or Dongle)
- PS4 / PS5 – EPOS seem confused about PS5 compatibility, some parts of the site say it does have it, others make no mention. I am led to believe it works without a problem though
- Nintendo Switch