OPPO launched the Reno2 series in China back in September, they have now followed this up with the launch in London today.
While we knew all the specs, the UK pricing has now been revealed.
- The OPPO Reno2 in Luminous Black and Ocean Blue with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM will be available in store and online with Carphone Warehouse from 17th October – RRP sim free starting at £449.00
- The OPPO Reno2 Z in Luminous Black and Sky White with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM will also be available at the same time with Carphone Warehouse – RRP starting at £329.00
- The OPPO Reno2 in Luminous Black will also be available on a pay monthly contract with EE at £28pm (with £50 upfront cost) for the entry-level 500MB tariff.
To recap on the device, the Reno2 builds on from the Reno launched earlier this year, this is the upper-midrange device that uses that beautiful shark fin pop up camera.
One key area that has had a significant improvement is the rear camera which is now a quad-cam with 48MP Ultra-Clear Main camera, 13MP Telephoto lens, 2MP Mono lens and 8MP Wide Angle lens, which enable 5x Hybrid Zoom and 20x Digital Zoom, using Fusion Imaging technology to switch between focal lengths. This means crisp, ultra-high-quality content in long-distance scenarios. Whilst the Reno2 Z comes with a 48MP Ultra-Clear Main camera, 8MP Wide Angle Lens, 2MP Mono Lens and a 2MP Portrait Lens.
OPPO has also introduced a new Ultra-Steady Video Mode, which leverages Hybrid Image Stabilisation technology (a combination of electronic and optical image stabilisation) to ensure accuracy and improve anti-shake. It also includes a gyro sensor much like those used in action cameras.
Together, with a frame rate of up to 60 fps, video captured on the Reno2 Series is close to the quality level of purpose-built action cameras. Whether running, skiing or skateboarding, the Reno2 Series will help you capture the action in perfect clarity.
It’s not just video either where OPPO has introduced new innovations. It has also incorporated new modes into its camera set up, including:
- Ultra Dark Mode – lets users capture clear night scenes, even in cases where the ambient brightness is less than 1 lux. It only takes 2-2.5 seconds to capture an entire dark scene, making it one of the fastest night shooters on the market.
- Ultra Wide Mode – providing a 119° (Reno2 Z) or 116° (Reno2) field of view, perfect for capturing expansive landscape shots or videos, much like purpose-built all-action cameras.
- Ultra Macro Mode (Reno2 Only) – lets you shoot down to 2.5cm from an object quickly and easily, capturing details that even our eyes can’t see both for images and videos.
- Updated Portrait Mode – includes two new portrait effects, giving users up to 7 different portrait shots with adjustable Bokeh HDR mode. The new Bokeh effect is also available for video in an industry first.
The Reno2 is equipped with a 6.5” E3 AMOLED screen, with a screen-to-body ratio of 93%. It is made from durable 6th Generation Corning® Gorilla® Glass. The Reno2 Z features a slightly smaller 6.5” E1 AMOLED screen, with a screen-to-body ratio of 91%, made from toughened 5th Generation Corning® Gorilla® Glass.
To enable a full-screen experience, OPPO has once again included its innovative front-facing pop-up cameras. The Reno2 has a 16MP Shark fin pop-up Camera, supporting ultra-clear backlit shots and all-new AI Beauty Mode while the Reno2 Z features a 16MP pop-up front camera featuring an Atmosphere Light.
Additionally, the screen includes Hidden Fingerprint Unlock 3.0, giving users a brighter unlock area and faster unlocking speeds.
As you would expect for a new phone, this bumps up the chipset from a Snapdragon 710 to the new Snapdragon 730G which is then combined with 8GB of RAM.
The Reno2 will come with 256GB storage as standard.
For power, you get a 400mAh battery with 20 VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
The Reno2 Z is the slightly lower spec model using the Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 chipset combined with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
It also has a quad-camera with a 48MP primary lens but you then get an 8MP ultrawide, 2MP black and white, and 2MP depth sensor.
This also features a 400mAh battery with 20 VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
Last Updated on