Following our review of the innovative F-Secure SENSE, it would appear the new trend could be routers with built-in security. TP-Link is the second company to get a WiFi system to the market called the Deco M5.
The TP-Link Deco M5 is a mesh networking solution. It promises to provide seamless wireless internet coverage while also providing built-in anti-virus and malware protection powered by Trend Micro.
Unlike the SENSE there isn’t much focus on how secure the router is itself, nor is there any word on the underlying software used for the router (OpenWRT for example)
However, the mesh technology will certainly be a major selling point for many as it will reduce WiFi blackspots in even the largest of homes.
Key features at a glance
- Seamless wireless connectivity throughout every room in the home
- Comprehensive security features and robust parental controls via TP-Link HomeCare
- Anti-virus and malware protection powered by Trend Micro
- Simple installation with guided visuals via the TP-Link Deco mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Adaptive Routing Technology (ART) selects the best path for device connections and keeps the network running as fast as possible
- QoS prioritises your home’s Wi-Fi experience by optimizing bandwidth to devices as needed
- Remote management and control of the network from anywhere
- 2-year limited warranty and 24/7 unlimited technical support by phone or email
Price and availability
The TP-Link Deco M5 Whole Home Wi-Fi System is now available at Dixons, Huges, Maplins, Office Outlet, Very.co.uk, and other leading retailers.
For the three-pack starter kit, it has an RRP of £229.99.
Last Updated on