If you are looking for a new phone that is not going to break the bank and does not tie you into a 24 month contract then the new Sony Xperia SP could be just for you. T-Mobile has this brand new 4G capable phone for just £249.99.
This price puts the phone is direct competition with the Google Nexus 4, however, while it is newer, it isn't necessarily a better phone as it only has a Dual core, 1500 MHz Snapdragon CPU compared to the Nexus 4s quad-core 1.7 GHz Snapdragon. However Sony has included a 2370 mAH battery and with the less powerful CPU it is reported that you will get 1.5 days worth of moderate use, which could make it the perfect phone for travelers/businessmen that need longer battery life over the absolute best performance.
The SP also has 4G capability, which means your phone would be future proof compared to the Nexus, however as the phone is locked to T-Mobile you won't be using it any time soon unless you buy an unlock code.
Finally a major selling point for the SP is the inclusion of a microSD slot meaning you can add a cheap 32GB card.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with 42Mbps HSDPA and 5.8 Mbps HSUPA; 100Mbps LTE
- 4.6″ 16M-color 720p TFT capacitive touchscreen with Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 and Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Android OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait CPU, 1 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU; Qualcomm S4 Pro MSM8960T chipset
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- VGA front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 8GB of built-in storage
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Solid build quality
- Ample 2370 mAh battery
- Dedicated camera key