- Sales of smart home tech boom 21 per cent at electronics retailer, reichelt.co.uk
- Desire to leave the home safe during holidays driving sales of home security products
August 2016, London, UK: Online electronics and tech retailer, reichelt.co.uk, has seen sales of smart home products boom by 21 per cent, highlighting that the trend shows no sign of slowing down – and is set to continue revolutionising our homes.
The security category has been a key driving factor with a noticeable surge around the summer holiday period, with alarm devices up by 11 per cent, signifying people are taking additional steps to protect their homes whilst on holiday.
Sales show no sign of slowing down, with reichelt.co.uk predicting a 25% rise as we head into 2017.
From decor-friendly gadgets and wireless power controls, right through to sophisticated security systems, advances in technology continue to make it easier to make homes smarter and safer, and it seems consumers are seeing the value.
Some of the most popular and innovative products have been:
- Konig Smart Home Security Set – A reliable security system enabling you to manage your home security devices and appliances from anywhere in the world, via an app
- Olympia Glass Break Detector – With buzzer plate technology, this wireless module instantly detects glass breakage
- m-e Smoke Detector – A wireless smoke detector with an integrated heat sensor
- Eurotronic Energy-Saving Controller – With Z-Wave technology, this intelligent energy-saving controller helps to manage heating within the home and monitor energy output
- Konig Wireless Surveillance System – Supplied with a 4-channel recorder and an integrated 7” colour monitor, this surveillance system allows home observation without the hassle of all the cables to set it up
Product Manager of Home & Security, and Tools of reichelt.co.uk, Holger Engelbrecht, says, “As an innovative retailer in the tech and electronics space, we’ve long been aware of consumers’ desire to discover products that make their homes smarter and safer, and day-to-day household tasks simpler. We’re seeing more exciting smart home products available than ever before, and this is reflected in the range we have available. From wireless video intercom systems through to infrared motion detectors – reichelt.co.uk boasts a large and exciting range of home tech.”
As well as its smart home range, reichelt.co.uk offers a wider variety of tools, components, tech accessories and more – offering many items up to 20% cheaper than elsewhere in the UK.