There has been some rumours within AT&T that the new iPhone will be launched in June this year which will bring many new features for the iPhone as well as better integration with mobile network’s own services.
Apparently the source is reasonably high up at AT&T and some of the details leaked were:
- New iPhone announcement around mid-June
- New iPhone will be faster and have a more seamless experience unmatched by any device.
- U-Verse iPhone application; will allow control of your home DVR (play, pause, rewind, etc.)
- The annual iPhone launch is “becoming a tradition.”
- Nothing official is being confirmed, but they said that people should prep for an exciting time this summer.
- AT&T is said to be working with Apple to create a unified product with an unparalleled experience across all their products and services.
- Apple’s 3.0 software should tell us where the iPhone platform is going.
- They said customers shouldn’t need to choose from AT&T’s high-end devices because of features, they should choose based on preferences. The gap in capability should be filled with the new iPhone. Ok, bets on slide out QWERTY, autofocus camera, video sharing, blah blah?
- Seems like the higher speed HSDPA (7.2Mbps) is being hinted at too which should confirm the earlier rumours of the new Infineon chipset.
- The $99 3G netbook will start selling this summer, and the first one won’t be a Windows OS.