Last updated on October 8th, 2017 at 05:54 am
As part of the recent Amazon product launch, they have released the latest Fire TV. This device is an upgraded version of the immensely popular Fire TV stick, rather than an upgraded version the original Fire TV 4k which was the box version with ethernet. At the moment the original Fire TV 4K is no longer available, and hopefully, a new version of that will be released before Christmas.
The all-new Fire TV includes:
- Powerful Performance—Rely on a smooth and responsive performance with a 1.5 Ghz quad-core processor and dual-band, extended range 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Plus, the all-new Fire TV comes with 2GB of memory and 8 GB of storage for apps and games.
- Brilliant 4K Picture Quality—Watch your favourite streaming TV shows and movies in brilliant HD, Ultra HD, or HDR. As the perfect companion to your 4K or HDR10-compatible TV, experience true-to-life picture quality with stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colours.
- Compact and Portable Design— Fire TV comes in a new form factor that fits seamlessly behind your TV and also makes it easy to take 4K content with you when you travel.
- Access To Even More Content—Fire TV connects you to a world of streaming entertainment, with access to over 10,000 apps, channels, and Alexa skills. You can watch over 200,000 TV episodes and Amazon Confidential movies from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Amazon Video, Netflix, All 4, My5, Curzon Home Cinema, and more. Prime members can also add premium channels such as Discovery, Eurosport Player, ITV Hub+ and Hayu. Each channel starts with a free trial, so it's easy to discover new favourites.
- Easy to Set Up and Use—Fire TV easily connects to your HDTV’s HDMI port. Simply plug it in, turn it on, and get ready to stream in 4K Ultra HD. Connect via Wi-Fi or directly from your router using the optional Amazon Ethernet Adapter and start streaming your favourite content.
The New Fire TV is available to pre-order today for £69.99 with a release date of 25-October.