A relatively new company to use, Jelly Comb, sent out some samples to review so I have 3 mini reviews to post.
First up is their tri-fold portable USB keyboard the official details from Amazon include:
- Touchpad Function – You don't need a mouse to operate your device, very convenience and mini size for the user. Special Note: no touchpad function for the device in the IOS system
- Foldable design – Made of aluminium excellent material, ultra slim foldable design and pocket size. Keyboard Open Size: 304.5*97.95*8mm, Touchpad Size:54.8*44.8mm
- Exquisite workmanship – from Aircraft grade aluminium for superior stiffness, light and fast heat dissipation, sleek and sleek design
- Compatibility – QWERTZ layout with hotkeys, compatible with iOS / Mac OS, Android, Windows and all Bluetooth enabled devices
- Bluetooth performance – Using the advanced Bluetooth 3.0 chip, providing high-speed connection and signal distance up to15m
Build quality is decent for the price. It is all plastic but it feels sturdy, it is big enough to use for brief spells of work but you wouldn’t want to be using it all day. It folds up into a very portable package though, it is not much bigger than my LG V20, so it is great to take away on press trips.
I tried setting it up with the recent Android tablet I reviewed, and it is quite straight forward as most USB devices are nowadays. The only slight exception is that I had to type in an authorisation number and hit enter on the keyboard. It was all connected in a few seconds though.
Once pair it works as expected. With android, even when you use the touchpad you get a little cursor to select apps or whatever. Typing works just fine, it is comfortable to write short blog posts/notes on. Much nicer than typing directly on a screen, but using it any more than 30-60 minutes will likely get annoying/give you wrist ache.
Overall, it works well, it is a great size for travellers, and it is priced reasonably at £23.99 on Amazon