Garmin Forerunner 230 have made quite an impact on the market. These smart watch and fitness watches are available for people who love running or working out. With the appeal of a standard watch, you get access to the smart features. Modern technology is a terrific concept. Before you buy any Garmin watch you should check 5cycling’s review to buy best and learn how to use this device more efficiently:
Get A Garmin Connect Account
If you genuinely want to explore the potential of your Garmin Forerunner 230, you need a Garmin Connect account. It brings you a leisure of options such as data recording, tracking, and better insights.
You can customize your daily Training and workout, enable or disable alerts, among other things. Without Garmin Connect, your device will be heavily limited in performance. Thus, it is a good idea to get a Garmin Connect Account.
It is a smartphone app, so make sure that you have a smartphone. This app will bring you a plethora of customization options for the device. With that being said, let’s take a better look at how to use it:
1. For Running
Garmin Forerunner 230 bring you a feature to track your running. More importantly, you can track on-road or off-road running, even indoors and outdoors. It has a simple ‘single-command’ function for an easy interface.
- Click on the icon that looks like ‘a person who is running,’ and you will have an option to select the activity profile
- Once you select it, you can go outside or start indoors
- Press the key again to make sure that you started the tracker
- By pressing the key again, you can take a break
- After that, it will ask you if you want to resume or save
- Once the data is saved, you can check it out to see your performance
- A discard function is available to delete the data.
For indoor running, go to Activity Settings and turn the GPS off. Your Garmin Forerunner will now utilize an accelerometer to gauge the distance travelled, speed, among other things. By switching the GPS tracker off, you can save the battery of your device.
2. Track Your Activities
The device comes with a feature that enables you to track your activities. It includes things like step counts, daily goals, and calories burned. However, you can choose to enable or disable the feature. If you didn’t activate it during the initial setup, then follow these steps:
- From the Menu, go to the Settings
- There you will find an individual ‘Activity Tracking’ option
- Select it, then press on ‘Status.’
- It might be set on off, you can change it to on to activate tracking
3. Analyze Your Sleep
You needn’t worry about sleep analysis. All you have to do is wear your device while you sleep. It has access to Garmin Connect. Just make sure that the hour you go to sleep and get up is adjusted accurately.
During that time, whether you’re awake or asleep, the device will begin analyzing your sleep patterns and activity. After sleep, you can check the data to see how well the sleep was. It is a great way to understand how long it takes you to sleep and how much of the initial rest you have.
By understanding these factors, you can change your sleeping routine for better rest.
4. Robust Workout
Garmin Connect brings you a complete range of customized or pre-set workout regimens on your Garmin Forerunner 230. All you have to do is access them through your device. Make sure that you have the account, and the device is linked.
You can set interval training by following these steps:
- From Menu, go to Training
- Choose Interval and then choose the type
- Distance, Time, and Open are the three options. For complete customization, choose open
- If you choose distance or time, you will have breaks according to the distance travelled or time taken.
- There is a warm-up or cool down option available for you to set, as well.
5. Heart Rate And Other Features
There are countless other features, such as the Heart Rate scanner. However, Forerunner 230 is compatible with a heart monitor, while 235 comes with a built-in version. This is the exclusive difference between the two.
By installing the app on your phone, you will be able to customize notification and alerts. You can choose whether you want Do Not Disturb for minimum notifications or not. Garmin brings you an option to store or delete all the personal data. So you’re safe from potential data breach and exploitation.