The In-Car Holder will be sold for approximately $130 and in theory this will make it quite an impressive competitor to most dedicated GPS system. This is because the Archos has a much larger hard drive (30-160 Gb) and screen resolution compared to most similarly priced GPS systems.
The new system will use Tele Atlas maps and will be available as a European version cover 22 countries, a North America version covering the US and Canada, and a Chinese version.
The full Archos 605 GPS package will give you the following features:
- Clear, easy-to read maps on the high-resolution 4.3-inch touch screen
- Easy and intuitive address, zip-code and POI (point of interest) markers for rapidly selecting destination points
- Precise navigation with automated simulation inside tunnels, lane assistance, advance signposts and fast and accurate route recalculation
- Traffic assistance, route planning, and speed control assistance in some countries
- Gain navigation information on any location throughout North America, Western Europe and China
- Get clear voice-to-text support through the car’s FM stereo (via the built-in line out), or the ARCHOS 605 WiFi's amplified built-in speaker
Your Media on the Move
- Passengers can use the ARCHOS 605 WiFi to watch recorded TV shows and videos while travelling, such as keeping families and children entertained in the back seat of the car
- Record TV shows in advance for the perfectly relaxed road trip
- Rent and watch movies from the ARCHOS Content Portal
- Transfer and store photos directly from your digital camera and create slide shows
- Share your media with friends and family on their TV
- Play games while on the go
- Surf the web to visit favourite sites
- Stream the latest news, online videos, TV shows and sports from websites – ARCHOS devices are the only to support Adobe Flash 9 for online video streaming.
- Check email from any web-based service.
- Access hundreds of Widgets, including world maps, weather, and currency converters