The Charge HR has been one of the best products from Fitbit so it is no surprise that they want to roll out the heart rate features into the fashioned orientated Alta.
The new Alta HR will now have all the important features of the Charge HR but in a smaller package, and actually be cheaper to buy. These include:
- PurePulse® Heart Rate – Get continuous, wrist-based heart rate tracking & simplified heart rate zones.
- Smartphone Notifications – See call, text & calendar alerts on display when your phone is nearby.
- SmartTrack – Automatically recognises select activities and records them in the exercise section of the Fitbit app.
- All-Day Activity – Track steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity & stationary time.
- Auto Sleep Tracking & Silent Alarms -Automatically track your sleep quality & wake up peacefully with a silent alarm.
As with the original Alta, you also get the fashion orientated accessories which include the option to buy expensive bands for it including a metal bracelet at £70, or a leather band at £40.
Pre-orders are available now from FitBit for £129.99. No specific release date, just early April.