With the rapid increase in technology over the past few years and our extensive adoption of the internet, it is no surprise that our communication networks are moving to the web as well.
That is what SIP Trunking is all about – how to use the internet to make all of your phone calls and at the same time to cut costs and streamline your communications.
So just what is SIP Trunking and does your business really need to make the switch from landlines?
SIP Trunking is an IP-based communication network
In a nutshell, that is all that SIP Trunking is – it is a communications network that connects phone numbers via their IP addresses and connects you with either mobile phones or other computers. You no longer need landlines with SIP Trunking, which is a huge benefit when you have to wait months for additional lines to be laid for your growing business.
With SIP Trunking you only pay for the lines you use at any one time, so you don’t pay for 15 lines and have them sit around unused. This means that your communications network is much more cost effective than a traditional land based network, saving you a significant amount of money within a short period of time.
Other benefits of switching to SIP Trunking include:
- Lower monthly bills for phone lines and calls.
- It is easy to add extra lines as your business grows or for busy holiday periods.
- Employees have access to voice calls, instant messaging and conference calls.
- Always keep the same phone numbers, regardless of your location or where you relocate.
- Connections are cheaper, easier and faster with SIP Trunking.
- Customers no longer have to hang on the phone waiting for a consultant to be available.
- Unanswered calls can be instantly rerouted to available extensions or mobile phones.
- Remote workers have full access to your communications network from their mobile device.
- No more downed lines or maintenance bills, as SIP lines can be easily reconfigured.
- You only pay for the one service, not separate voice and data connections.
- An IP-based service is quick to learn and easy to use.
- Forget costly 1300 and 1800 numbers, use local numbers linked to your SIP Trunking Service.
- Dramatically reduce the cost of interstate or international calls.
- No more worries about power outages effecting your communication lines.
SIP Trunking is the way of the future for all your business communications, so contact Amcom and discover how your business can benefit from making the switch.
Amcom provides SIP Trunking Services across Australia and has a proven reputation in the ICT industry.