Last updated on January 10th, 2018 at 04:54 am
CES 2018 officially starts tomorrow with companies releasing details of their products announcements already.
Acer is starting things off with the announcement of 4 new laptops.
New Acer Swift 7
The Swift series from Acer is excellent; they are ultra-thin ultraportables at prices lower than many other competing brands. The updated Swift 7 is claimed to be the thinnest computer in the world at 8.98mm. It's got an Intel Core i7 chip and integrated LTE connectivity, all-black unibody construction and a 14-inch Gorilla Glass touchscreen.
It will be available in the UK in April from around £1599
Acer Spin 3
The Spin 3 is a great affordable ultra-portable convertible and Acer has also announced its refreshed Spin 3 (SP314-51) laptop, designed for users seeking out a versatile device for all-day productivity and entertainment.
Now equipped with a powerful 8th Gen Intel Core processor and impressive storage options.
It uses a 14-inch display and has 12 hours of battery life.
It will be available in the UK from February starting at £479
Acer Chromebook 11
If you need something a little cheaper and don’t require as much performance, then the new Acer Chromebook 11 could be great for you. Priced from just £249 it will be available from March and includes:
- Up to 10 hours of battery life for all-day use
- Quiet, reliable fanless design makes it great for shared spaces
- Two USB 3.1 Type-C ports for fast data transfer, charging, display output
- Available with touch or non-touch display
- Google Play fully supported at launch
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop
Targeting the more casual gamer, the new 15.6 full HD Nitro 5 laptop offers affordable gaming in a portable format. It will also be one of the first laptops on the market implementing the new AMD Ryzen mobile chips and GPU.
It will be available in April with prices starting from £899.99
- Mainstream gamers will dominate the competition thanks to AMD Radeon™ RX560 graphics and the latest AMD Ryzen™ mobile processors
- Blazing-fast DDR4 RAM offers superior performance, with a solid-state drive bolstering gameplay for improved reliability
- NitroSense GPU/CPU monitoring provides real-time metrics, giving users insights and control for maxing out their on-field potential