As predicated by many analysts and bloggers, Apple have launched a smaller version of their top of the range iPad Pro. The iPad Pro being the most powerful tablet in Apple’s arsenal and with a heavy focus on drawing and productivity.
The new 9.7-inch Apple iPad Pro follows in similar footsteps as the just announced iPhone SE, Apple have kept all the design elements from the iPad Air and slimmed down the components from the 12.9 inch Pro to fit inside.
So spec wise we have no surprises:
Here are some of the iPad Pro 9.7's specs:
- 7-inch screen
- A9X processor
- 12-megapixel camera with 4K video
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with Retina flash
- $599 for 32GB, $749 for 128GB and $899 for 256GB in the US
- £499 for 32 GB, £619 for 128GB and £739 for 256GB in the UK
- Comes in silver, space grey, gold and rose gold.
The only other difference apart from the screen was that the new tablet uses True Tone display technology. Basically, the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro will detect the colour temperature of the ambient light in whatever environment you are in. Just as paper reflects the kind of light that it’s surrounded by, the 9.7-inch iPad Pro will adjust the display to better suit the ambient light around it.
The 9.7-inch Apple iPad Pro should be available within 2 weeks.