To organize your studies at home you do not need to buy a desk, a board and invite a tutor. We will tell you what gadgets will be useful for distance learning.
Online courses and lectures, interactive video broadcasts become a convenient alternative to classic forms of learning. Among the advantages of distance learning: time saving, availability of materials and relevance of knowledge, flexible schedule, as well as the ability to learn from any convenient place in a quiet environment.
To start, you will need a stable Internet and several modern gadgets. The technique will be useful not only for online lessons, but also for homework.
Why is the laptop more convenient than a desktop PC
The easiest reason why a notebook is more comfortable to study than a bulky computer is mobility. With the laptop you are not tied to a specific place, whether it is an apartment or a room. That may be useful to get the need info from https://writemypaper4me.org/. You can move to the sofa during a lecture in a foreign language, go to listen to a drawing course in the nearest park, or correct mistakes in your homework at the cottage.
The main difference between a notebook and a stationary PC is technically in greater performance of the latter. However, you don't need a latest generation graphics card or a liquid-cooled processor to study. Among the important parameters to pay attention to when buying a notebook for study:
- screen size. Optimal screen size is 13.6 to 15 inches. Significantly affects the cost of the device;
- autonomy. Convenient if the notebook is able to work without a socket for more than 5 hours;
- RAM. For comfortable work it is desirable to have at least 4-6 GB (especially if you use Photoshop);
- interfaces and connectors. Minimum set: multiple USB ports, HDMI for additional screen connection, audio output for headphones and LAN input for wired Internet.
- built-in webcam. Useful for video lessons. The higher the number of megapixels, the clearer and more detailed the image will be;
- numeric keypad unit. For those who are used to a full-size keyboard and often prints numbers.
If the mobility of technology is important to you, then take a look at the ultrabooks. Thin and light notebooks are more expensive than classical models, but allow even a child to easily move the device.
What to pay attention to when buying a webcam
For full sessions and video lessons from a desktop computer is worth buying a webcam. Take a look at the models with built-in microphone, if the lessons involve voice communication with the teacher or between participants.
Among other important features of webcams:
- the number of matrix points. The higher the resolution and detail, the better the picture. But it is worth remembering that a high quality image requires a higher Internet speed;
- connection type. There are wired versions, as well as webcams working on Bluetooth (will help if there is a shortage of connectors in the PC);
- focusing. Availability of auto focus will allow you to transmit the clearest possible image and not to adjust the camera every time you change its position.
Which headphone headset you will need
You can use the notebook's built-in microphone and desktop speakers for distance learning and communication in the process, but this combination can give an unpleasant echo. The best way to buy headphones with a microphone is a headset. They are suitable if there are several people in the family who study or work in the same room at the same time.
If during training at home you are distracted by extraneous noises (neighbor's perforator or children's games), we recommend buying headphones with noise reduction. This feature increases the cost of the device, but allows you to “cut off” most unwanted sounds.
Distance education is gaining momentum – it is a great opportunity for professional and personal improvement.