Published on September 11th, 2007 | by James0
iPhone unlocked on camera from start to finish video by Engadget
So there is a lot of hype about unlocking the iPhone recently. Engadget have have realease a pretty good video of the full unlock process iPhoneSIMfree unlock.
Here are the steps that are recorded.
- Started with AT&T SIM inserted
- Inserted T-Mobile SIM, showed that it produces invalid SIM error (expected behavior for a locked iPhone)
- Connected to iPhone over SSH
- Transferred iPhoneSIMfree unlock app over SCP
- Restarted SpringBoard (iPhone default application launcher)
- Ran iPhoneSIMfree app
- When complete, iPhone shows that T-Mobile SIM no longer produces invalid SIM error, instead asks for activation (expected behavior for an iPhone that has a valid SIM, but is not yet activated)
- Prep for re-activation off camera using iAsign (phone is now unlocked, but still activated with AT&T)
- Back on camera: activate iPhone with T-Mobile SIM using iAsign
- Make test call to another phone
- Activate iPhone once more with AT&T SIM using iAsign