Published on October 21st, 2008 | by James0
Halloween treats galore at Stuff Live! 2008
With just two weeks left to go before the show opens on the 31st October at the ExCeL centre, in London’s Docklands, the gadget experts at Stuff, and What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine are lining up this year’s best gadgets with exclusives and previews planned from some of the UK’s biggest and best brands including; the first look at TomTom’s new connected’ GO LIVE satellite navigation systems including the GO 940 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE and GO 540 LIVE models, the new Archos 7 portable video player, Universal Pictures’ Top secret product launch, SanDisk’s new range of Sansa Fuze’s and their new music technology, as well as Guitar Hero‘s brand new game ‘World Tour’, and Asus with their new eco Bamboo Eee PC.
If that wasn’t enough to wet your tech appetite, there will be a whole host of unmissable treats to see this Halloween including; the world’s first hovering chair worth £5,000. Playstation’s latest plethora of interactive games including; ‘LittleBigPlanet’, ‘Motorstorm’, their game show game ‘Quiz TV’, and their combat game ‘Resistance2’, alongside the Nintendo Wii featuring ‘Mario Kart’ and Bespoke Arcade’s brand new, fantastic custom-built arcade cabinets, complete with your favorite arcade classics with classics like Pacman, and Streetfighter to Spacinvaders.
There will also be eco gadgets to feast your eyes on from the new Asus Bamboo range, the Kyto Wattson energy monitor, as voted ‘Coolest Gadget of The Year’ in 2007 by Stuff magazine, and the solar powered phone charger from Solio.
But if you’re more into sound than site, you’ll also have the chance to experience the wide range of revolutionary gadgets that will blow the most refined eardrums, from the Tonium Pacemaker, Cowan and Denon’s new range of products, and the Ultimate Guitar hero stage, with its Live competition of Guitar Hero’s amazing new game ‘World Tour’. In addition Stuff will have the incredible Gibson Robot Les Paul Guitar, the World’s first guitar with robot technology, giving visitors the chance to be taught how to play famous melodies, by professionals.
See our list of features are below.
FEATURES & ACTIVITY AT STUFF LIVE! 2008
- Hoverit Ltd – ‘The Lounger’, the unique suspended acrylic lounger the first in their revolutionary magnetic ‘hover’ furniture range.
- Goal Striker – There will be and interactive Goal striker, penalty shootout feature.
- Guitar Hero: World Tour –Public showing of Guitar Hero: World Tour, where people can get up on stage and sing, strum or drum through some of the greatest songs ever.
- PLAYSTATION – trio of gaming products including brand new interactive game ‘littlebigplanet’
- Bespoke Arcades – new range of the highest quality custom-built arcade cabinets, complete with your favorite arcade classics from Pacman, and Streetfighter to Spacinvaders.
- Tonium Pacemaker the first and only pocket-sized DJ rig.
- Gibson Robot Les Paul Guitar – Become a Rockstar for the day at Stuff Live with the Gibson Robot Les Paul Guitar. Giving visitors the chance to be taught how to play famous melodies, by professionals.
- SanDisk – Showcasing their new range of coloured MP3 players, including the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip, as well as their brand new SlotMusic technology, demonstrated to the public for the first time in the UK.
- MSI – MSI, will showcase their high-end gaming laptops based on Intel Centrino 2 and Nvidia 9800 graphics for the first time, ever
- Asus Eee PC – Stuff’s Gadget of the year, plus see the Launch of new products including an eco Asus bamboo Plaptop
- Better Energy – Solio – the solar powered charger for your phone. The world’s most advanced hybrid solar charger
- Wattson -The Wattson, portable energy measurement product helps you identify how much energy you use and could help save up to 20% on electricity
- EPSON – Epson will unveil a new range of home cinema projectors to UK consumers, for the first time to include; TW5000 – Home Cinema demo, TW420 – AND PS3 demo (TBC)DM2 – Wii demo (TBC).
- Q-London, is bringing the newest in eyewear technology to the UK market at Stuff Live! 2008. with the Worlds Lightest Video Eyewear, Wibrain UMPC and Q-London’s advanced Retractable Bluetooth Headset.
- Archos – For the first time since their launch earlier this August, consumers have the chance to see the brand new Archos 7, in action, plus the: ARCHOS 5, ARCHOS 5g and ARCHOS 7.
- Tom Tom – Stuff Live! 2008 will see the first ever UK showcase of Tom Tom’s brand new LIVE Satellite navigation systems, the GO 540 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE and GO 940 LIVE, as well as the new IQ Routes system.
- Kef Audio – Kef Audio, will be presenting showcasing the incredibly sleek, and stylish Muon Series, worth £70,000.
- Chord electronics - the revolutionary Bluetooth device which allows users to transfer music from a Bluetooth enabled phone, PDA or personal computer to this portable Bluetooth receiver; The Chordette Gem on display at the show for the first time ever.
- Cable Clinic’- Future Shop – Attendees to the exhibition will get the chance to discuss their audio-visual connectivity issues at Future Shop’s ‘Cable Clinic’.
- ‘Show Us Your Stuff Final’ – Stuff magazine’s ‘Show Us Your Stuff’ competition, Live final, which will see five finalists battle it out to become Stuff.tv’s next online Vidcast Presenter www.stuff.tv/showus.
- Stuff Stage – The editorial team from Stuff magazine will be on hand to give you their expert advice on the latest gadgets and tech
Put the dates in your diary for Stuff Live! 2008, incorporating What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision, from 31st October – 2nd November 2008.
Tickets, which cost £20 for adults, and £10 for children under 16 years of age plus a £1 booking fee, on sale the website now www.stufflive.co.uk.
Further information can be obtained by calling 0870 040 0383. Or visit http://www.stufflive.co.uk
For a full list of exhibitors, see http://www.stufflive.co.uk